At Baxi Heating we are doing whatever we can to continue to provide the very highest level of customer care and support that we can during this difficult period. Our highest priority is the safety of all our valued customers and colleagues. We recognise the uncertainty that coronavirus has caused, and we also know that the heating industry has an important role to play – people still need heating and hot water.
Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. These are tough, extraordinary times. We are following government guidelines and recommendations closely, as well as implementing our own practices and procedures, to reduce risk.
If you are a householder:
We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about what to do during the coronavirus emergency here.
If you are having difficulty getting through to our call centre, you can contact us in other ways, such as using Live Chat on the website, our social media channels and our contact us form.
We are taking the following steps to keep you and our engineers safe, and to continue to offer an excellent level of service:
- Baxi Customer Support engineers are taking additional safety precautions to keep you and themselves safe during a visit. This includes social distancing, PPE and antibacterial wipes. You can find out more here.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus, please let us know so that we can take the best approach to help you.
- We are prioritising repairs, especially for the elderly, vulnerable and key workers. If you are in this category, please let us know on 0330 678 0917 and we will do everything we can to look after you.
- We have removed the offer of timed appointments to customers. Engineers’ shifts have been made more flexible to allow them to start earlier or finish later, to fit in with the needs of their own families as well as those of our customers. Our engineers will call you to confirm ETA, and with your agreement, times can be between 7am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
- We have changed the opening times of our contact centre during the coronavirus emergency:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Saturday: 8.30am to 2pm
Bank Holidays: Closed
- Following the government guidance for working safely in customers home, we are now taking bookings for annual services. This includes Domestic and General customers whose service has been delayed. If you do not have a service contract, and would like to arrange a boiler service with Baxi, visit here or you can find a local gas safe registered installer here.
- If your boiler service has been delayed due to Covid-19, we will offer flexibility on your warranty, whether your service is with Baxi or a local Gas Safe registered installer. This includes customers who are shielding or self-isolating because another family member has symptoms. Please note: delaying the service this year will not change the date the service is due next year. The service will be due on the date the boiler was registered, to keep all the records straight.
If you are an installer:
We will do all we can to support you and your business during this difficult time. We have created a hub of information to help installers during the COVID-19 emergency here that includes #LockdownLearning. Follow our social media channels for regular updates.
- Our sales team is back from furlough and looking forward to catching up with you. The postcodes they cover have changed slightly, so you can find the contact details of your local area sales manager here.
- If a boiler is under warranty, we will continue to offer flexibility around servicing timescales so that if a boiler’s service has been delayed due to coronavirus, the warranty remains valid. Please encourage your customers to get their boilers serviced as soon as possible now that lockdown has been eased to ensure their warranties remains valid. To avoid confusion, the warranty cycle will continue to run from the date the boiler was registered, as this is the date in our records. So, for example, if a service was due in April 2020 but was postponed until July 2020 due to Covid-19, the next service will still be due in April 2021.
- Our training centres are open again and we are running courses where delegates and trainers will be practicing social distancing and using appropriate PPE. We have also introduced hand cleaning stations. Full details of all the measures introduced will be given when your booking is confirmed.
- Our Baxi Works loyalty scheme is operational and you can contact the helpline as normal: 0345 121 3212 or email email@example.com
- If you are a member of Megaflo Rewards, contact us on 0345 122 2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Build and Social Housing customers and contractors:
All of the points above apply to you also.
- Our sales team is back from furlough and looking forward to catching up with you.The postcodes they cover have changed slightly, so you can find the contact details of your local specification manager here.
All colleagues in the Baxi Heating Commercial office are working from home. They are all set up for smart working and the office telephone numbers have been forwarded. However, if you can't get through by telephone, please click here for the email addresses of our teams. Follow our social media channels for regular updates.
Our sales team is back from furlough and looking forward to catching up with you. They will be able to help you with our full range of commercial heating and hot water products from Remeha, Andrews Water Heaters, Potterton Commercial, PPS and Heatrae Sadia.
- During site visits, our area sales managers will be adhering to strict safety guidelines at all times, including social distancing, and will be provided with PPE and antibacterial wipes. They will also be completing a questionnaire with the customer before a site visit is held.
- Our Technical Support line is operating as usual and is here to help and support you.
- Engineer support. Our team is operating as usual and can be contacted on 0345 070 1058 or by the usual email addresses. We can still provide a good network of engineer support for commissioning and call-outs. Our engineers will call before attending to confirm that no one on site has any symptoms and will carry out a risk assessment on arrival. They will maintain social distancing of two metres and use appropriate PPE. They will clean any tools or instruments when they have finished the job to prevent cross contamination.
- Our training centre is starting to operate again, using social distancing and appropriate PPE. We have also launched a series of online CPDs for commercial specifiers and are running live, online product training courses. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
For Baxi Heating colleagues, we have introduced the following precautions:
- We carried out a risk assessment for the Baxi Heating business following the advice from the World Health Organisation, Public Health England and Gov.UK to reduce the spread of the virus. We have produced health and safety guidance for each of our office and manufacturing sites, training centres, our field service engineers and our field-based sales teams, to reduce the risk of infection or contamination.
- Our engineers have been issued with appropriate PPE and are practicing social distancing when working in people’s homes.
- We are still manufacturing heating and hot water products for UK homes, businesses and hospitals. However, in order to keep our colleagues safe, we are working within the government guidelines and have put in place a number of safety precautions.
- Colleagues who are able to work from home have been set up for smart working remotely.
- We have restricted UK and international travel, limited meetings, or moved them online, and cancelled events and exhibitions for the foreseeable future
We would like to thank our customers for their loyalty and also a huge ‘thank you’ to our colleagues who are endeavouring to maintain ‘business as usual’ at this difficult time – even if it is a different kind of ‘usual’!